David McCabe's Summer of Code Blog

I was accepted into Summer of Code 2006 to implement a new discussion system in MediaWiki. This is my story.

Monday, July 03, 2006

 

Delays. Fun delays, but delays.

Hello, world.

Since we last met, I have made leaps and bounds with Liquid Threads, but there's still a long ways to go in less than two months, and I still don't feel that LQT is ready for public demoing. However I feel about it, though, the server I was going to host a demo on fell through.

Meanwhile, my Linux installation blew up when I tried to upgrade it. My CD-ROM is broken, so I can't readily reinstall it. It's times like these I'm happy to have automatic nightly backups.

Well, I was going to get a Macbook Pro anyways, so I thought I might as well get one now, now that my desktop is out of commission and would take as long to fix as it would take to migrate to a new computer. So, that's what I did. I'm typing on it now, and it's beautiful. Student discounts and rebates are wonderful inventions. Thank you, Apple, for helping me realize how pathetic Linux-on-the-desktop really is.

However, making everything work on it and transfering my files through a cantankerous router has taken a long time. It's frustrating. At the moment, I can't log into the SVN server and I don't know why, so I thought I'd write this update.

Until next time...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   October 2007  

Site Feed

Summer of Code 2006

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?